(unless otherwise indicated by your veterinarian)
If you are washing your pet for the first time at the start of treatment, or if your pet is very dirty, it is important to apply the shampoo twice. The first time, you can rinse the shampoo out immediately and the second time, let the shampoo soak for 10 minutes.
- Wet your pet's fur and skin thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Dilute the skin shampoo with lukewarm water in a ratio of 1:5 in the shampoo mixing bottle from Maxani. Pour the skin shampoo from the neck to the base of the tail onto the coat. Massage the shampoo into the skin. For best results, apply the skin shampoo undiluted to the affected areas as well. Wash the tail and skin folds well and also between the toes. You can use a soft, clean sponge as an aid for these hard-to-reach and vulnerable areas.
- Proceed directly to step 4 if the dog has been washed more frequently in the past week, or rinse
shampoo out with lukewarm water until the water runs clear and repeat step 2.
- Allow the shampoo to soak in for 10 minutes. This is very important for the active ingredients to take effect. The 10 minutes start after massaging in. If necessary, use a timer to set the time.
- Rinse the shampoo again until the water runs clear.
- Let your pet shake out and pat your pet dry. Then dry the animal gently with a soft towel. The use of a (hot) hair dryer is not recommended because it dries out the skin. With a thick coat or one that dries with difficulty, the use of a special dog hair dryer is recommended to prevent choking.
- Always keep the spray head close to the skin.
- If necessary, wash your pet's head with a sponge or washcloth.
- Avoid contact of the shampoo with your pet's eyes and nose. If this does happen, rinse the eyes and nose immediately with plenty of clean water.
- If you wash your pet in a bathtub or in the sink, it is important that the stopper is not in it. When water gets into the tub, it dilutes the shampoo and reduces its effectiveness.
- Make sure you yourself are relaxed and give your animal a reward through something tasty, a little play or some extra attention.